Microsoft Life Cam don't record audio after MS update

learninmypc

It was working fine till the latest MS update but I went to watch a video I recorded after that & NO udio from it.
I can hear everything else fine, just not from recorded webcam videos. No exclamation marks in device manager. W10 ALL MS updates are current

I went into Control Panel>Sound & clicked on something that brought up a diagram asking me to read something to see if the thing moved, since other noises were already present, I saw it moving & it responded to my voice.. Will retry another video & post back :)

On playback, right clicking on the volume icon (NOT on taskbar) it shows its full blast (100%) yet it also says no audio available

One of the many google searches I did previously suggested downloading skype but I have no use for that.

The message I get is "Go to the support website for the app developer, and check if a new or updated version of this app is available for Windows 10."

In this case Microsoft is not supporting Microsoft...and you need to go to that part of Microsoft which supports the Life Cam to obtain "a new or updated version of this app".

From Spec Sheet: Operating Systems • Microsoft Windows® 10/ 8.1 / 8 / 7, and Windows Vista® • Macintosh OSX v10.7-10.10 Advanced functionality not available with all devices and/or operating systems. See compatibility information at: www.microsoft.com/hardware/compatibility.

Compatibility report indicates your Life Cam Cinema IS compatible with Win10 64.

Could be that recent update broke something.

You could try removing the driver it has now and then restarting to allow it to be 'discovered' again.

To remove driver I go into device manager, locate it, right click to un install/delete & reboot with webcam still plugged in??

Yes, Windows is supposed to be smart enough to identify the device and to locate the most recent driver. I suppose this works if either the driver was corrupted or changed. It may not work if the update folks broke the driver.

Last idea...remove from current USB, delete Life Cam from device manager, reboot, plug Life Cam into from USB (if on back before - or the reverse) and hope it will fully reset audio as it discovers and installs in new location.

Since last post I did as said, rebootrd, clicked the camera icon a black blank box came up saying it couldn't find my camera to click learn more which I did & it gave me a troubleshooter which almost repeated what I've already done. I may tinker with it more but for now, oh well.

Pretty sure no charge if you stick to community forum, etc. You can of course hire a tech, hourly, weekly and per incedent - but I do not think it worth that.

Back