Microsoft mouse scrolling so annoying

macx

Recently bought a MS mouse.

Have found that when I move the scroll wheel up or down more than really slowly
a little round icon appears with an up arrow and a down arrow. If the cursor is
above the icon, the page automatically scrolls upward without stopping, and the reverse for the cursor being below that icon. It starts without warning and always goes farther than I want and it goes so fast it's difficult, at best, to react to it before I'm way past what I want to see.

When I click, the thing goes away.

Any way to totally delete this annoying feature other than throwing the mouse away and
getting another Logitech?

Thanks!

Wow I know that feeling. I had a MS mouse that did the same thing. Never could figure out how to stop it from doing that. I search over the internet and never found a answer. Even tried its support site. I ended up getting rid of it and going back to a Logitech.

That function is only supposed to appear when you click the middle mouse button (the wheel). If it's happen during normal scrolling, make sure you aren't pressing down too hard. Otherwise, it's a faulty mouse button.

That function is only supposed to appear when you click the middle mouse button (the wheel). If it's happen during normal scrolling, make sure you aren't pressing down too hard. Otherwise, it's a faulty mouse button.
I was thinking the same thing. It's been a long time since I've had a MS mouse, I can't remember if there is an option to disable automatic scrolling. If there is, it will be under Mouse Settings in Control Panel.

MOUSE Options.JPG
Go to Control Panel>Mouse Options & you'll see a box similiar to the above picture. Make necessary adjustments click apply ok & hopefully it'll work. :)

You are very right. On my logitech it works that way. But with the MS mouse it did not.

Back