Microsoft net.framework

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightowl

I am having a problem with that, which on bootup, it wants to download something. I have no idea what it wants, and asks to put a cd in the D drive. The only way you can get rid of it, is do a ctl alt delete, then highlight the taskmanager, then quit the task manager. What is it asking for? I would like to get it fixed.

Thanks

Richard

Open your Internet Explorer browser. Click on Tools and find Windows Update. There are likely many other updates that you will want to install. Also, once you install .NET Framework, run Windows Update again because there will be updates to that.

Okay. I use netscape, so I guess thats why I couldn't find it. I will switch over and do that. Thanks.

Richard

Why is Net Framework necessary (TMagic650)!? I`ve recently un-installed it because it set up a new login on my start page. I`ve only encountered one piece of 3rd party software that's ever needed it. Non of my mates or family use it - it's obviously not necessary for the majority of computer tasks (TMagic650).

redmistpete said:
Why is Net Framework necessary (TMagic650)!? I`ve recently un-installed it because it set up a new login on my start page. I`ve only encountered one piece of 3rd party software that's ever needed it. Non of my mates or family use it - it's obviously not necessary for the majority of computer tasks (TMagic650).

NET Framework among other uses, is a device driver enhancement for Windows. All the ATI Catalyst video drivers require it, as do many other programs... It manages hardware and software needed for many different computer platforms that use Windows as it's OS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Framework

I play Battlefield and make some video's and haven't experienced any problems. Nor do my mates who run the latest games either. :)

redmistpete said:
I play Battlefield and make some video's and haven't experienced any problems. Nor do my mates who run the latest games either. :)

So you don't run Automatic Updates? Were you getting errors from NET Framework? I have an old Compaq Presario that NET Framework won't install on... It will download, but the install fails. I guess the hardware is too old. Maybe you and your mates have old hardware. Microsoft may be preparing XP systems for Vista and all the new applications that will be released in the near future by requiring that NET Framework be installed

I did install it - no problem and I didn't get any errors - just didn't see the need for it - so I uninstalled. We've all got new hardware, for example my mates running 2 G-force cards bridged together. Lightning fast graphics without Net Framework. What exactly does it do then?

Just realised it might not be needed for GeForce cards? We all have GeForce cards.

redmistpete said:
I did install it - no problem and I didn't get any errors - just didn't see the need for it - so I uninstalled. We've all got new hardware, for example my mates running 2 G-force cards bridged together. Lightning fast graphics without Net Framework. What exactly does it do then?

I've posted a link to Wikipedia's definition of NET Framework. I know that it may not be easy to understand.

"just didn't see the need for it"... so you know what's necessary better than Microsoft does, concerning the internal operation of Windows? There are many MS programs that we all can do without. MSN Messenger and Windows Defender are just two that come to mind

Look - you're a bit of a ****, man! What do you suggest? Should I install every piece of software that's available for my PC from Microsoft? Of course I`m not saying I know more than Microsoft - I just know that at this point in time I don't need Net.Framework for "any" of the software software that I'm running. Liek I said - nobody I know runs it and they don't have problems with any of their software either whether it be Video editing software or High-end games. OK now? Go bother someone else :)

There is no reason to start name calling here. I attempted to enlighten you and others to just what NET Framework is... In fact, in researching this, I think I finally understand what Net Framework is now.

You asked me several times what NET Framework was. This made it clear to me that you didn't know anything about NET Framework, but you still determined that you didn't need it. What sence does this make?

Yeah - I didn't name call with anything offensive (it just blanked it for some reason). I have read about Net Framework, like I said, but I still don't see that et Framework wil enhance windows unless the software running on it was specifically written to utilise NetFramework - which, as yet I`ve only found one piece of software that does - "GameEX.exe" frontend which I don't use. So in conclusion, untill I encounter some software which won't run without it or can be improved by it, I won't be installing it - as is my right on my computer. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back