Microsoft Office Binder (*.obd files) with Office 2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCman

Ok, well up until yesterday my father was using Office 2000 with Microsoft binder for work. He just got a new laptop for work and he's got Office 2007 installed. From the looks of Microsoft's site it states that 'Microsoft Unbind is not included with Office 2007.' Looks like what I really need is Microsoft Binder from Office 2000. Is there a place I can download it (legally) or purchase it? He literally has thousands of binder files (*.obd) that he needs to be able to access. I've tried searching with nothing turning up.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

So further searching turned up that Unbind for Office XP/2003 is just a waste of time for Office 2007 and no point in looking further into that.

So then I found this:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822622

Which seems to me if I can track down a Office 2000 disc I should be able to install JUST Binder 2000. Results show that it works along side Office XP/2003 so I don't see why it wouldn't with Office 2007. It would only be used to unbind old files, not create new ones.

If anyone has any other thoughts that would be great.
I'll look into what I wrote above tomorrow and post back with the results if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back