TechSpot

Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage

By ColdFire
Dec 10, 2006
  1. Whenever I open a program like Microsoft Word or Excel, it always comes up with an error saying "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'PROPLUS.MSI' in the box below."

Now I know many people have had this problem before and I have googled PROPLUS.MSI. I don't have the Office XP CD so i'm trying to find a way to fix this without the CD. If I just click cancel upon this message the program works fine and all, but it's just annoying having to click cancel everytime I open up Word. It even comes up when the computer starts up.

While searching on google, I found this website: http://www.billynda.com/

I downloaded PROPLUS.MSI from that website and guided the Installer to it. It now says "Error 1311. Source file not found: OFFICE1.CAB. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

The same website has OFFICE1.CAB (which is 200MB+) up for download too. I was just wondering if it's safe to download OFFICE1.CAB to try and fix this annoyance and if indeed it will solve the problem. I don't want to download OFFICE1.CAB from this website if it will cause the Office XP programs to not work anymore.

Thanks in advance! :)

2. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

do a repair/reinstall of the microsoft office if you can. it will fix your problem.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.