Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I open a program like Microsoft Word or Excel, it always comes up with an error saying "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'PROPLUS.MSI' in the box below."

Now I know many people have had this problem before and I have googled PROPLUS.MSI. I don't have the Office XP CD so i'm trying to find a way to fix this without the CD. If I just click cancel upon this message the program works fine and all, but it's just annoying having to click cancel everytime I open up Word. It even comes up when the computer starts up.

While searching on google, I found this website: http://www.billynda.com/

I downloaded PROPLUS.MSI from that website and guided the Installer to it. It now says "Error 1311. Source file not found: OFFICE1.CAB. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

The same website has OFFICE1.CAB (which is 200MB+) up for download too. I was just wondering if it's safe to download OFFICE1.CAB to try and fix this annoyance and if indeed it will solve the problem. I don't want to download OFFICE1.CAB from this website if it will cause the Office XP programs to not work anymore.

Thanks in advance! :)

do a repair/reinstall of the microsoft office if you can. it will fix your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back