Microsoft outlook 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
after security updates i can only open microsoft outlook 2002 in safe mode, it will not open in regular mode and after it tries i need to close it my stopping a nonresponsive application

• Try running scanpst.exe on your Personal Folder. By default scanpst.exe can be found here;
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID>
  • Try renaming outcmd.dat to .old and restart Outlook. All the Toolbars will reset then. This is quite a common problem with Outlook. The default location for this file is:
    C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
  • Try running Outlook with the /safe switch from your Start-> Run window. The command line should look like this (check your path to Outlook.exe);
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /safe
    When this works run Help-> Detect and Repair
  • Start in safe mode again and disable all add-ons in Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Advanced E-mail Options…-> button Add-In Manager…/COM Add-ins…
  • Start Outlook normally and see it works now. If it does enable them one by one until Outlook fails to load again. The add-on you last enabled is most likely the cause of your issue. Check with the vendor for updates or contact them for further troubleshooting their add-on
  • Try recreating the profile in Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles…
    For detailed instructions click here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back