Microsoft outlook 2002

By fl690
Feb 14, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. after security updates i can only open microsoft outlook 2002 in safe mode, it will not open in regular mode and after it tries i need to close it my stopping a nonresponsive application
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

• Try running scanpst.exe on your Personal Folder. By default scanpst.exe can be found here;
      C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID>
    • Try renaming outcmd.dat to .old and restart Outlook. All the Toolbars will reset then. This is quite a common problem with Outlook. The default location for this file is:
      C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
    • Try running Outlook with the /safe switch from your Start-> Run window. The command line should look like this (check your path to Outlook.exe);
      "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /safe
      When this works run Help-> Detect and Repair
    • Start in safe mode again and disable all add-ons in Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Advanced E-mail Options…-> button Add-In Manager…/COM Add-ins…
    • Start Outlook normally and see it works now. If it does enable them one by one until Outlook fails to load again. The add-on you last enabled is most likely the cause of your issue. Check with the vendor for updates or contact them for further troubleshooting their add-on
    • Try recreating the profile in Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles…
      For detailed instructions click here
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.