Microsoft releases hotfix for Windows 8.1 mouse accuracy issues

By Shawn Knight
Nov 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has released a patch to remedy a number of mouse-related issues plaguing Windows 8.1 gamers. The root of the problem stems from a batch of new mouse input handling code implemented for low latency interaction scenarios. As such, mouse...

Read more
  2. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 893   +98

Theres an even easier fix, format and install windows 7. It's almost exactly the same as windows 8 but without all those annoyances your starting to really hate, it comes with features such as a Start Menu and mice that won't bug out for no apparent reason. Act now and we'll even throw in a free downgrade to windows XP, back when we didn't all take hallucinogens to come up with ridiculous ideas to force upon people and claim it as progress... I forgot my point.
    Burty117 and Skidmarksdeluxe like this.
  3. Windows or gaming
    pick one or the other, appears since vista you can no longer have both.

its no wonder steam is going linux.
  4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,578   +76

Nothing better than Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit or 32-bit. You don't have these issues like with next version. I'll wait for something stable maybe in the year 2015 or higher.
    avoidz likes this.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,808   +702

I disagree. There's nothing wrong with 7 for gaming.
  6. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

8.1 removed my Wacom pen driver, but I have found myself tinkering with the Start screen finally. Starting to see the light of it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.