Microsoft releases Office for Android, requires Office 365 subscription

By Scorpus
Jul 31, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. If you have an Android smartphone running Android 4.0 or higher, you can now download Microsoft Office for Android, which like apps on both iOS and Windows Phone, allows you to perform basic editing and viewing of documents. There's a...

Read more
  2. theend

theend Newcomer, in training

Wow I just bought office 365 one year subscription like a week ago. But I am in Pakistan.

Hopefully I can use it on my s3.... *gonna try right now*
    :D
  3. Lack of dropbox/gdrive is disappointing, cant even save locally on the phone. Rather keep with other 3rd party office apps for now.
  4. I wish they could just allow a fully function version of office for android, particularly for tablets. All you'd have to do is hook up a mouse and keyboard to the tablet and off you go.
  5. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 867   +128

Ohh you want that functionality? Hrm... I guess you'll have to look at the Windows 8 tablets.
  6. Railman

Railman TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 552   +73

Or just use Kingsoft Office! It is free and it works on MS files.
  7. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,578   +76

Yes Kingsoft Office is free and works nice. That's what I'll use for now on Android. They also have for Windows also for free.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.