TechSpot

Microsoft resurrects Windows 95 game Hover!, adds Easter egg

By Shawn Knight
Oct 2, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. When independent developer Dan Church first heard about WebGL in Internet Explorer 11, he reached out to Microsoft. Church grew up playing Hover! – a video game that was included on CD-ROM versions of Windows 95 – and hoped Microsoft...

Read more

2. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 637   +117

:O I remember playing this when I was young. I thought about it now and then later on but realized I never knew the name. Going to play right now!

3. matrix86

matrix86 TS Maniac Posts: 803   +9

YES! THANK YOU! I used to play this all the time. For the past year or two, I've been wanting to find it but had forgotten the name.

4. Hahaha, awesome! I forgot about this game. I'd play but we must have traveled back in time to the 90s, it requires Internet Explorer.

5. Nobina

Nobina TS Booster Posts: 413   +92

This is Windows 95? I though it was 8.

6. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 410   +38

This game was fun... but I enjoyed two other vehicle based games at the time. Did anyone play these? Wip3out and Death Drone. Anyone?

7. avoidz

avoidz TS Maniac Posts: 454   +54

I miss those early days, even with a less stable operating system.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.