Microsoft schedules Windows 10 event for January 21 at Redmond campus

By Shawn Knight
Dec 11, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft's Windows 10 event, the one that was rumored for next month, is now official. The company on Thursday revealed that said event will take place after the Consumer Electronics Show on January 21 on Microsoft's campus in Redmond, Washington.

Read more
  2. All Microsoft operating system half ready released, never ever finished, inculdes 1000 bugs at start and 999 when no more supported.
  3. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

Don't you know your the beta tester for them we all are. That's how they run their software business. Rush it out! If any issues are still left not fix they say. Nah will work it out in some updates. That's why there is a Windows Update Link in every Windows OS Version!

Windows OS A Work-in-Progress (aka not finish yet).

To me Windows 7 64-bit is what I'll be using until I see something more stable from them.
  4. m4a4

m4a4 TS Guru Posts: 736   +259

Well, lets see how this one turns out since management got shook up recently...
  5. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,142   +483

So what I'm curious about, is what will happen to Windows 9?
  6. Windows 9 series released 20 years ago.
    MS Windows 95, 96, 97, 98 and ME.
    Windows ME the computer history best OS ever ad never will better anymore bc no administrator function anymore only guest and guest who named as administrator.
    Windows 7 supprted till 2020 so will be XP 2.0
  7. BadThad

BadThad TS Enthusiast Posts: 58   +26

I wonder if they'll announce the "subscription plan"? The rumor is Win 8 users will get the upgrade for "free". I suspect yes, "free" to install, then $X per month. My question - What about users WITHOUT INTERNET? I suspect Win 8.1 will be the last buy-n-done OS by Microshaft. That should make it the most used OS on the planet once they cut-off support for Win 7. Going to a subscription model will KILL sales of Win 10. They always seem to find a way to shoot themselves in the foot.
  8. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,292   +55

I will install windows 10 if it's free, not otherwise.
  9. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

9 is skipped. Some BS about coders using some 9x line to id the OS, and thus Windows 9 would cause big compatibility issues. I don't know how true that is, but what I do know is true is that there is no Windows 9, it will be 10 after 8.