Microsoft schedules Windows 10 event for January 21 at Redmond campus

Shawn Knight

Staff member

microsoft windows

Microsoft’s Windows 10 event, the one that was rumored for next month, is now official. The company on Thursday revealed that said event will take place after the Consumer Electronics Show on January 21 on Microsoft's campus in Redmond, Washington.

The event, titled Windows 10: The next chapter, will be attended by several of Microsoft’s top brass including CEO Satya Nadella, Windows chief Terry Myerson, Xbox boss Phil Spencer and Joe Belfiore, the person in charge of the phone, tablet and PC experience of Windows.

microsoft windows

The event will be live-streamed over the Internet and given the cast of characters that’ll be on hand, we’ll likely get a glimpse of how Windows 10 looks across several different platforms.

Microsoft announced Windows 10 as the name of its next operating system in September, forgoing the obvious name of Windows 9 – a decision that led to a number of theories on why the Redmond-based company jumped right to Windows 10.

Shortly after the unveiling, Microsoft published its Windows 10 Technical Preview as a way for developers and early adopters to get an idea of the direction that Windows 10 was taking.

At this point, we know that the Start button and the Recycle Bin are both making a comeback. It’s also been revealed that users will be able to boot directly into desktop mode, the lack of which was a common annoyance in Windows 8.

Permalink to story.

All Microsoft operating system half ready released, never ever finished, inculdes 1000 bugs at start and 999 when no more supported.

All Microsoft operating system half ready released, never ever finished, inculdes 1000 bugs at start and 999 when no more supported.

Don't you know your the beta tester for them we all are. That's how they run their software business. Rush it out! If any issues are still left not fix they say. Nah will work it out in some updates. That's why there is a Windows Update Link in every Windows OS Version!

Windows OS A Work-in-Progress (aka not finish yet).

To me Windows 7 64-bit is what I'll be using until I see something more stable from them.

Well, lets see how this one turns out since management got shook up recently...

Windows 9 series released 20 years ago.
MS Windows 95, 96, 97, 98 and ME.
Windows ME the computer history best OS ever ad never will better anymore bc no administrator function anymore only guest and guest who named as administrator.
Windows 7 supprted till 2020 so will be XP 2.0

I wonder if they'll announce the "subscription plan"? The rumor is Win 8 users will get the upgrade for "free". I suspect yes, "free" to install, then $X per month. My question - What about users WITHOUT INTERNET? I suspect Win 8.1 will be the last buy-n-done OS by Microshaft. That should make it the most used OS on the planet once they cut-off support for Win 7. Going to a subscription model will KILL sales of Win 10. They always seem to find a way to shoot themselves in the foot.

So what I'm curious about, is what will happen to Windows 9?
9 is skipped. Some BS about coders using some 9x line to id the OS, and thus Windows 9 would cause big compatibility issues. I don't know how true that is, but what I do know is true is that there is no Windows 9, it will be 10 after 8.

Back