Microsoft slashes price of Dell 4K 30Hz monitor to $300 in Cyber Monday Extravaganza

1. As part of Microsoft's Cyber Monday event, you can now purchase the Dell 28" Ultra HD 4K monitor, model P2815Q for only $299.99. This is a 40% saving off the original purchase price and significantly cheaper than Dell's official store...

Read more
  2. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Guru Posts: 467   +97

What exactly was so radical about this sale that made it newsworthy? A whole article for... a monitor sale?
  3. Steve

Steve TechSpot Editor Posts: 2,189   +1,219

As Mugatu would say "4K is so hot right now". So a cheap Dell 28" 4K panel is a big deal and certainly news worthy for this time of year.
  4. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Evangelist Posts: 1,080   +331

30hz no thanks!
    Arris likes this.
  5. RzmmDX

RzmmDX TS Addict Posts: 294   +58

"fantastic price if you predominately use your computer for basic spreadsheets, word processing or text based editing."

Ok... but do you really need a 4K monitor for those?
    Arris likes this.
  6. GhostRyder

GhostRyder You know, that one guy with the PC Posts: 2,189   +589

The funny thing is this deal is pretty cheap however a few days back newegg had a special on the Acer 4K B286HK down to $350 brand new which is a 60hz UHD monitor that comes with a robust set of features including USB 3.0 hub and some diverse connections (With DP being the only true way to use the full extent of the monitor still) which was a rock solid deal honestly. Its back up to $500+ dollars sadly but man that was such a steal I grabbed one to try.

This Dell monitor is great for people who use it predominately for tasks where the extra screen space allows for you to have more up at once and not really aimed at someone intending to game on it.
  7. Experimentongod

Experimentongod TS Addict Posts: 209   +82

"TN panel" and "30Hz". Nope. I haven't even made the jump to 1440p (no real improvement in movies and TV shows and extra horsepower needed for gaming).
  8. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,602   +370

This isn't strictly speaking about need. Once you go 4k though, it is hard to go back.

1440p is *amazing* in games. Absolutely love it.
    Arris likes this.
  9. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,588   +278

Battlefield 4, 2560x1440, 96Hz overclocked monitor. Absolutely stunning.
  10. RustyTech

RustyTech TS Guru Posts: 819   +385

Yeah, what he said.
  11. Neojt

Neojt TS Booster Posts: 165   +22

I got one its in the mail

if you run it @ 2545x1440 it will be at 60hz witch is plenty for me as 1080p is not enouph for a 28inch (thats what I have at work)