Microsoft teases mystery event for April 12

By Jos
Apr 5, 2010
  1. Microsoft has sent out a cryptic invitation to select reporters for an upcoming event being held on Monday, April 12th in San Francisco. The notice itself doesn't mention much more than that the tag line "it's time to share," but already speculation is running rampant as to what exactly Microsoft has in store.

Read the whole story
  2. KG363

KG363 TS Guru Posts: 515   +9

My Birthday! Microsoft better be ready to give me a gift. I'm sure that's what the event is for
  3. treeski

treeski TS Evangelist Posts: 954   +193

If it is, feel free to share the love!
  4. thatguyandrew92

thatguyandrew92 TS Rookie Posts: 118

Microsoft needs to take some time, if they haven't, and just make a kick *** product that will really destroy apple.
  5. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

Right Thatguyandrew92. They shouldn't follow Palm Pre and Google Androids who came out too early. From what we know of their next version of Windows Mobile it will be highly anticipated. But they need to deliver this one like a rock star with all the features turned.
  6. yea microsoft should launch an 8mp touchscreen phone, with and without qwerty keyboard. so there's the option of using the slideout qwwerty of just the touchscreen. and of course running on the latest win 7 mobile!!!!! and must not forget the wifi, and gps, with good in-built memory
  7. yangly18

yangly18 TS Rookie Posts: 217

yeah that would be nice if they finally made an apple slayer.
  8. woodnutz78

woodnutz78 TS Rookie

"Applesauce, BlTCH!"
  9. Just look at apples stock and compare it with microsoft's, it tells the whole story its trading at 8X the share value than micro-soft's. MSFT compteing against Apple will have as much an effect as throwing a dixie cup of water at an eraging infero..
  10. It is a false comparison to compare companies by share price. one might have x number of shares outstanding another might 100x shares. Market caps of both are nearly identical in the 220 Billion range. There are other ways to compare companies like PE or book to share price. One sites 1yr target growth for both is nearly the same
  11. @KG363
    And mine!!
  12. well lets say i bought a share of apple in jan, 2000. 28$ a share and i also bought a share of microsoft at 53$ a share at the same time period ten years later i made 219$ off 1 share of apple and lost about 23$ from the microsoft bid this proves microsoft crashed when the pc boom hit the hearts of investors tanking the computer industry to zilch the collateral damage also in the mist was intel dell and most of the computer sector but apple withstood the blast because of their growth stragey which msft intel dell didn't have
  13. some other popular internet websitses i dugg up: YHOO in 2000. was trading at 120$ a share & 1 year later bottomed out at 4.50cents a share 115$ price drop. also EBAY peaked in march 2000. at 32$ a share year later bottomed out at 7$ a share.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.