TechSpot

Microsoft updates Windows Store certification requirements to weed out bogus apps

By Shawn Knight
Aug 28, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft's Windows Store has been growing at a steady pace but as we pointed out last week, that's not always a good thing. In Microsoft's case, their store is littered with fake apps designed solely to trick people and steal...

Read more

2. Pomf~

Pomf~ TS Rookie

Thats good

3. drjekel_mrhyde

drjekel_mrhyde TS Rookie Posts: 101   +7

Silly people will download crapps no matter what ANY company try

4. pmcardle

pmcardle TS Enthusiast Posts: 115   +21

Wait a minute, TECHSPOT said a few days ago that MS didn't care about their "bogus" apps in the Windows store. A claim that was never said by a MS official. What kind of "bogus" reporting in TECHSPOT doing? Between that and the constant pop-up adds on this site, I think I'll start getting my technology news elsewhere.

5. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

I could be wrong but it sounds like you didn't read the article. I believe the article addresses your concern.

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

I saw that article too. The problem is you apparently think things can't change. It is very likely that when various websites started carrying that story that someone at Microsoft said "Whoa, this reflects poorly on us. We should start fixing this now" and then they did.

Why make a comment/threat to leave? People come and go here all the time and it is largely unnoticed. There is no bogus reporting going on, the news is what the news is, things don't stay still, companies can change their stance on things.

7. kevinmckenna13

kevinmckenna13 TS Rookie

In other words, once the policy is in place, the Windows Store will have no apps.

8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,702   +1,886

Well, you only have 79 posts, maybe you should make your escape, before you get in too deep.