Microsoft wants to launch first modern smartwatch in time for the holidays

By Shawn Knight
Oct 20, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft is planning to unveil its long-rumored wearable wristwatch within the next few weeks with intentions of launching it in time to (hopefully) cash in on the lucrative holiday buying season according to sources familiar with the matter as reported...

Read more
  2. Hard to imagine the Microsoft and the smart words in one sentence.
    mojorisin23 likes this.
  3. pmcardle

pmcardle TS Enthusiast Posts: 115   +21

But it's not hard to imagine the typical MS hate comments like the one you posted. Pretty lame...
  4. p51d007

p51d007 TS Evangelist Posts: 853   +352

Until the day comes I can buy a Casio "smartwatch" that is less than 100 bucks, has the BASIC functions of time, that is set with WWV, has a metal band, has a battery that lasts for at least a year (my WR50M wave ceptor lasts for years), and is rugged enough to be dropped, banged into, scratched, heated, cold, shocked WITHOUT PROBLEMS, I'll skip the whole smart watch. Heck, I don't see a lot of young people these days wearing watches, opting for using their phone. This smart watch is a technology, in look of an reason to buy one. Maybe hipsters, but I don't get it.
  5. KrisPL

KrisPL TS Rookie

At least my pebble can last through few days, more then a 3 at least, of course they advertised more (about 7) but it's still lot better then charge every day, that is just stupid for me, I did buy 3x bigger battery for my note to be able to last 3 days and now I would have to charge my watch every f.... day - no way, Jose
  6. mojorisin23

mojorisin23 TS Booster Posts: 109   +13

Its so fitting they put win 95 on a the watch... its probably about how well it will run.

MS blows
  7. pmcardle

So I just tho the Zune story, compare with iPod.
    The fact is not hate, the fact is fact.
    After Apple Watch MS start copy them, I predict the result will same az Zune.
    And You told who is who, You can.
    Can you tell me MS and smart in same thing?
    I want to learn, maybe