Microsoft warns against Windows XP security update registry hack

By Shawn Knight
May 27, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft officially pulled support for Windows XP last month but a new registry hack allows users to continue to receive updates for the dated operating system. It essentially tricks the updater into installing patches intended for a similar operating system.

Read more
  2. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,248   +220

I bet M$ released this to push other OS sales! xD
  3. At least Microsoft gave the consumer more than 9 months to use XP without feeling they need to upgrade to the new version, unlike some evil manipulative companies who created a false and rapid upgrade cycle - cough iphone cough - and enough landfill to kill half of india.
    spectrenad and TadMSTR like this.
  4. fredderf81

fredderf81 TS Enthusiast Posts: 51   +40

I understand if many businesses do not want or need to upgrade to windows 8...thats fine. I have and enjoy it. however, there should be NO reason ANYONE should still be running windows XP...its 2014...get with it. windows 7 is a quick, cheap and easy upgrade install. if you have software that ONLY supports XP then you are an ***** for agreeing to use it. find something new.

if you are dumb enough to still be using this software that is so old every hacker on the planet has been sniffing around it then you get exactly what you deserve.

im sure many will flood me with crap for this but as usual on all my posts I don't watch the topic, receive email or care. =)
    Seventh Reign likes this.
  5. bobee

bobee TS Rookie

Easy said than done. LOL
  6. Seventh Reign

Seventh Reign TS Booster Posts: 131   +65

7. So,What is new??? XP is 14 years old and has had holes in it for 14 years 11
  8. I love how so many comments are the same thing