Microsoft [Windows?] updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

Two or three times a week now, I get a pop-up in my systray, saying the usual "Updates are ready to install on your computer" but they all seem to be the same, something about "buffers" & that "someone may be able to...." & so on.
They all quote SP1 [I believe that's the identifying title of the update]
They all SEEM to have the same wording when I click on "details" but I'm not sure, I must jot them down next time, or can I print the banner?, if so, I'll send you the exact details
Any clues as to what is going on?

Why don't you simply install them?

They should each have unique numbers (e.g. Q811493, or KB828026, etc.) to identify each patch, though many of the descriptions may be identical. You should always keep up to date with security patches if you wish to avoid problems whilst surfing the net.

Nic, I DO install them always, it was just that I thought it was a glitch on their part, & yes I do realise the importance of security patches, also my anti-virus seems to be working well, the other day it sent a message that it had detected & deleted a worm [their description] it is a d/loaded A.V., Norman.....no, not Norton, this one is Aussie based, & has contacts world-wide. When it runs out, I have a Mc Afee A.V., & Firewall 2003 disk to install, anybody got comments on this particular programme? [for & against] would be grateful for all comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back