TechSpot

Microsoft Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

By vassil3427
Jan 2, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone else here use a wireless keyboard and mouse? My mouse died a couple days ago, so I was going to purchase a new wireless one. Well Bestbuy was sold out of every single wireless mouse except for the $90 ones. I looked over and saw this really nice looking Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse for only $60. I said, heck with it. I bought it, and I love it. Just thought I'd share my experience with you all. I bought the Microsoft "Basic Wireless Optical Desktop"
  2. vassil3427

vassil3427 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 822

So does anyone else use a wireless keyboard/mouse?
  3. therealdeal329

therealdeal329 TS Rookie Posts: 77

[​IMG]

i got that for my parents, its pretty cool
  4. lyapunovia

lyapunovia TS Rookie

A word to the wise with these wireless devices. Keep a set of new batteries nearby at all times you never know when they will need them.
  5. lzrdlps

lzrdlps TS Rookie Posts: 19

I use a Logitech wireless mouse, haven't had any problems, except every month have to pop in some fresh batteries. Stock up on the batteries!
  6. vassil3427

They cant possibly eat batteries that fast can they? MS claims the batteries last up to 6 months, is that without use or something??
  7. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,522   +298

Buy rechargable batteries :)
  8. vassil3427

Smart Man :D
  9. ak_in_charge

ak_in_charge TS Rookie Posts: 137

I just purchased the logitech wireless keyboard and mouse with the recharging docking station for the mouse...not having to worry about batteries is awesome.

Its the way to go!!!!
  10. Greeno

Greeno TS Rookie Posts: 394

nice idea :)
  11. lowman

lowman TS Rookie Posts: 446

AK_in_Charge - I just bought the same setup from logitech...with the charging cradle\remote for the mouse, and I couldn't be happier - and I keep 4 AA batteries on hand in my studio in case I need them - it's been 3 months and I notice no sign of wear on the batteries yet...pretty awesome setup, and it was well worth the $100.00...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.