TechSpot

Microsoft Works not working

By kitty500cat
Feb 10, 2007
  1. I can't get Works to work. I had had it working before, then I installed the Office 2007 Pro Plus beta. While that was installed, Microsoft Works didn't work; I didn't need it anyway. Now, after unistalling Office, Works still doesn't work. I un- and reinstalled it, and it still isn't working. It gave the error msg something about procedure entry point in wkwbl.dll. A MS forum said to redownload wkwbl.dll. So I overwrote the file in C:\Program Files\MS Works, and now it's giving a msg "The app. failed to initialize properly."

any ideas?

2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 2,154   +6

...bump...

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Have you tried a system restore to before your problem began? Just a thought.

Regards Howard :)

4. kitty500cat

The problem is, it must have been sometime in 2006 that I installed Word.

What about my software installed since then?

I guess I can make OpenOffice work too, and there's some more stuff I might try that I had forgotten about.

thx

5. howard_hopkinso

Ah, I see what you mean. Doing a system restore would probably screw up any software you`d installed since then.

I`m sorry, but I don`t have any other ideas.

Regards Howard :(

6. kitty500cat

Actually, I deleted all references to it on my system, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and it worked!

thx for the help tho

Regards :)

7. howard_hopkinso

That`s good news :)

Regards Howard :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.