TechSpot

Microsoft's free game creation game exits beta, now available on Windows 8 and Xbox One

By Shawn Knight
Oct 8, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft's Project Spark is now available to all. The free-to-play title, which lets players create their very own game, sheds its beta tag with a wealth of new content and a retail disc offering.

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,392   +329

Doesn't sound free to me like the articles title and "free-to-play" says... seriously now $39.99 and you say its free.. atleast change the title to reflect "its free only for a one time payment of $39.99" just like how AT&T etc. do it these days you get tons of free stuff like a free iphone for $70 a month!

3. nickstricks007

nickstricks007 TS Enthusiast Posts: 29   +11

I think you misunderstood the article. The actual game is free to download. However, the starter pack that has $85 worth of DLC is only $39.99.

4. Jamesbrah

Jamesbrah TS Enthusiast Posts: 59   +11

Appreciate this type of article. I never heard about it before - and I'm excited to try it out!

5. Radient

Radient TS Rookie Posts: 43

Unity 3d next step up

6. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,392   +329

Except unity aren't stupid enough to lock you into xbox one or the new vista (windows 8) that no one likes.... Seriously its like asking people to buy a dead cat to use replace their old living cat that has no problems specially when the old living cat is still kicking and has tons of life left in it...

I just dont see how microsoft has messed up a good game YET AGAIN!!! Lets not forget the wrist slitting games for windows live....

7. Radient

Radient TS Rookie Posts: 43

Minecraft users are still kids they dont know the diffrence no one that knows better uses 8 without a tablet