TechSpot

Microsoft's Game Room launches, shakes off a few bugs

By Matthew
Mar 24, 2010
  1. Available as a free download via Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live, Microsoft has rolled out its Game Room virtual arcade -- but not without some issues. The service was revealed at CES in January and launched this morning with around 30 classic arcade and console games (full list after the break), but it could eventually host 1,000 or more.

Read the whole story

2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415

its still got bugs, it wont let me play anything and its not exactly easy to navigate, see the games or understand what your supposed to do when your in their.

Like all MS its badly thought out and crap

3. while the loadings fixed, it is hard to navigate and is very complex when it doesnt need to be.

4. natefalk

natefalk TS Rookie Posts: 78

Why can't they just make it free... if they did I would definately buy an Xbox and I'd bet there would be a few other people that would do the same.

5. Timonius

Timonius TS Evangelist Posts: 640   +56

Again, FAIL, for the use of points system.

6. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 612

Can't wait for the PS3 fanboys to come and talk about something just as lame as this thats 100% cooler because its Sony implemented.

Its not a war anymore, they all suck.

7. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Guru Posts: 548   +8

Can Xbox and PC Players play and meet each other in this? I take it is is like PS home.

8. isamuelson

isamuelson TS Enthusiast Posts: 97

Hmm. I can get a lot of those with the Atari collection. Oh, in fact I already have via Steam and I got it for less than $4 during their holiday sales.

9. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 831   +18

Doesn't sound very impressive, and I hate stupid token/point systems. Although to be fair, the PS Home thing isn't very impressive either.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.