TechSpot

Microsoft's new web tool allows easy Windows Phone app creation

By Scorpus
Aug 7, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has often been criticized for Windows Phone's lagging app catalog. In a bid to lure in more (aspiring) developers to their ecosystem they've launched a new tool that's particularly easy to use as it requires no knowledge of coding;...

Read more

2. roxxas2

roxxas2 TS Rookie Posts: 64   +20

"it's not necessarily app volume that's the issue - the Store has over 160,000 apps available - but more a lack of quality apps to use and popular titles like Instagram dragging their feet on official support. The Windows Phone App Studio may entice new developers to the create apps for the platform, but it may not solve the issue of quality."

First it's not enough, apps, now it's the QUALITY of apps... Would you guys just freaking admit you're biased?!

3. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 895   +134

Personally I think the quality of apps is fine, it's the delay before finally getting apps after their initial launch that's a pain.

4. I like the delay, it adds to the sweet anticipation of the forthcoming app.

5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,082   +920

I am gonna try this out until I can code properly.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.