Microsoft's Xbox Music is coming to the web

By David Tom
Jun 26, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft may not exactly be a music powerhouse, but they have definitely ventured into this space before. Prior to 2010, the Zune was a well-recognized music player which was accompanied by the Zune Music Marketplace, home to over 11 million...

Read more
  2. 122jimbo

122jimbo TS Rookie

Does that mean I cant use the Zune Software anymore to listen to my music? I have to go on my Web Browser to listen to it???? If this is true then they is a major step back in the wrong direction.
  3. Timonius

Timonius TS Evangelist Posts: 638   +56

See Microsoft Zune. See Microsoft Quit. See Zune Fail. See Xbox Music. See...?
  4. SammyJames

SammyJames TS Enthusiast Posts: 167

Yay. I'm going to drink a Zima while I play with my old Zune player, simultaneously playing on my brand-new X-Box One while downloading Windows 8.1.

Isn't there a third-party company who could (perhaps?!) just make both Microsoft and Apple look like the ***** clubs that they have become? Sony, maybe...?! (For gamers, this will be true -- but how about for content creators...?)
  5. kissx

kissx TS Enthusiast Posts: 53

Zune software is simply the best. Is it going away??? Hope not.
  6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,467   +1,760

Sorry, the best "music playing software", are CDs, and the standalone thingys that spin them around.