Mid-Tower Shootout: A trio of sub-$70 cases compared

Steve

Staff member

mid-tower shootout silverstone corsair case in win kublai kl05 carbide 100r in win 703

Regardless of budget, most system builders want a case that can handle enthusiast hardware while being cool, quiet and hopefully somewhat sexy. With hundreds of models available, mid-towers are by far the most popular form factor, supporting most full-sized hardware including the ever abundant ATX motherboards and power supplies while typically costing only $50 to $75.

In most situations, any mid-sized enclosure in that price range will be adequate for a standard build, but Silverstone, Corsair and In Win have launched new contenders that are said to deliver the build quality, design, features and performance of pricier models without breaking the bank.

Indeed at first glance it's hard to believe that Silverstone's Kublai KL05 is south of $100, much less being in line with In Win's 703 at $65, while Corsair's $50 Carbide 100R seems smart if you're solely after a bargain.

Read the complete review.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that the Win 703 got kudos for wire management but you didn't show us the wiring on that case...

Also the Corsair in my opinion looks a LOT better.

There hasn't been a Silverstone case that has disappointed me yet. Usually my go to company for cases. I'm picking up one of these Kublai's this weekend.

Amazing what you can get for $70 these days. For me it's Cooler Master most of the time, but that Silverstone mid-tower does look great for the price.

Back