Middle click on tabs with Firefox/Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didou

I've installed the Tabbed Browsing extensions on Firefox 1.0 (final) on Fedora Core 2 & for some reason I can't configure it to close a tab when I middle-click on that tab, that options is greyed out for some reason.

The middle mouse button works as I can use it to open links in a new tan without problems but I would like to close these tabs when I middle click them. Right I have to double click a tab to close & it's not as comfortable.:dead:

I've looked at the known problems list for that extension ( Tabbrowser Extension but it's nowhere to be seen (I've sent the programmer a link to this thread btw).

Any ideas ?

I found a page on the mozilla support site saying :

"A Middle-click on a tab closes it on Windows by default. However, in Linux it pastes whatever is currently in the Clipboard and visits that site (or performs a search). This can be changed by setting the middlemouse.contentLoadURL pref to either true (for the Content Load URL feature) or false (for closing the tab)."

Thanks for the info, going to try this right away.:)

It seems it has changed a bit with the latest Firefox versions. I had to set middlemouse.contentLoadURL to false to get it to work. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back