Mike Rowe Soft letter on EBAY

mike rowe is a 17 year old kid from canada. he designs websites to get money and he decided to register a domain last year called MikeRoweSoft.com. a couple weeks ago microsoft stumbled upon it and their lawyers offered him $10 for its rights. mike rowe countered and asked for $10,000. they settled for an x-box and an all expense paid to redmond washington when microsoft hosts some trade show. now he is selling the letter he got from microsoft's lawyers to try to make some money. to me, this sense of greed has gotten too far.

Whoa cool... and people are actually bidding on it. Wouldn't be suprised if other domains like mikerousoft.com would be taken... etc. ^_^ (looks at everyone, then thinks to himself... I have a good idea!)

Originally posted by XtR-X
Whoa cool... and people are actually bidding on it. Wouldn't be suprised if other domains like mikerousoft.com would be taken... etc. ^_^ (looks at everyone, then thinks to himself... I have a good idea!)

lol, but is your name mike rou???

Originally posted by Julio
Bid at $22,000 now... that is senseless, or just plain stupid IMO.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

that is just going too far now. heck, i feel sorry for the guy who pays $22k for a document only to realize he could register a domain like m1cr0s0ft.com or something and get it free.

Over $100,000 now, that's WAY TOO FAR. I WANNA CHANGE MY NAME AND SELL THAT SHIZ OVER EBAY THEN CHANGE IT AGIAN!

Seriously, I'm not too familiar with eBay given that I do not live in the US, etc... but can anyone tell if those bids are for real 100% or what? (I should assume they are but 200k is really crazy!)

$205,000 and four days left? Although I don't understand much about how E-Bay works, it looks like some people have upped there own bids ten or twelve times in a row. Surely this can't be a real bid, I can't believe anyone would pay that much.

hahaha i can just imagine bill gates being the one buyin that and they both had a verbal agreement about it when they settled so it makes neither of them look bad

Current bid: US $20,560,100.00
Time left: 3 days 14 hours
10-day listing
Ends Feb-05-04 22:24:05 PST
Add to Calendar
History: 194 bids (US $500.00 starting bid)
High bidder: cracktax( 19)

I just went there-above is what it is at now.

If they were bogus or not, wouldn't those people be entitled to buying?

Dang that sucks... he was probably gonna strike it rich.

Originally posted by olefarte
He finally closed the bidding on E-Bay at $1,037. At least this one is for real, I guess.
Yeah, I wish Microsoft would send me a nasty letter. :D
A nice little earner that one.

Back