Mini Dump Error and Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I did some reading around on previous topics regarding mini dump errors I keep getting, but I'm unsure of how to analyze the file to tell what is causing it. I suspect it may be my memory, but I'm not an expert.

The OS usually crashes and goes into a blue screen for a few seconds, then the system reboots itself. My computer is fine when it's idle, but the problem can occur when I'm switching back and forth between Internet Explorer windows, or doing something active.

Also, MS Flight Simulator 2004 crashes VERY frequently, but it won't always cause the system reboot. Sometimes, it just crashes and brings me back to the desktop.

I've attached my mini dump file to this thread, as well as a screenshot of an error message I got (I'm pretty sure this is one of the "Your system has recovered from a serious error" messages that I got when the computer rebooted itself after a blue screen.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit: I've attached more minidump files, as requested. Thanks!

Attachments

• Mini040507-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 7
  • untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    29.5 KB · Views: 7
Your second and third dumps show memory corruption. Run a MemTest for at least 10 passes. This will take time so I suggest starting it before going to bed and check it after you get up.

The first and fourth dumps are win32.sys and dxg.sys pointing to a Direct X Graphics driver. I suggest updating but first and foremost test your memory.

Route 44, thanks.

I ran the latest memtest86 for 18 passes overnight, and it found 0 errors.

Is it possible that the memory corruption is not in my physical ram (2 sticks of 512mb corsair), but instead in virtual memory or something of the likes? Where should I go from here, in finding where the corruption lies?

I went back and re-read dumps 2 and 3. You have a driver conflict that are passing bad memory descripter lists. Do you have one of the Battlefield PC games involved because one of the drivers that was noted was FalconAF.exe which is a driver for battlefield.

Also,are you running any Norton Symantec a suites?

Memtest isn't perfect. It still looks to be a memory problem. Try running with just one stick of RAM at a time, if it still crashes then swap them over. You can also try running one stick at a time in another slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back