Please help me unravel the problem with my pc from the attached minidump file.
The error is 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware but sometimes by drivers,
The cause of your crashes per this minidump is the driver s3ginv.dll belonging to VIA Chrome9 HC IGP (S3 Graphics Drivers).
You had an issue with this before (along with the same 0x8E error) back in August of 2008 and it was blocking the Kaspersky driver klif.sys. kimsland's advice was to update graphics drivers.
Did you try this? If not, update.
Thank you Route44.
I have the latest vga driver updates and stopped using Kaspersky Anti-virus,but the problem persists.
If it is a hardware problem please advice.
Try the following:
1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.
2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.
3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.
4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.
* Get back to us with the results.
Updating the vga driver does not solve the problem.
Therefore I have decided to try and update the bios and post the results.