TechSpot

Minidump/Debugging issues

By kwspony
Apr 14, 2007
  1. I am still trying to find the reason for random crash's. I have the dubugging tools and symbols. I have tried running the tools and have a few questions.

1. I get a few messages when running the following command:
    c:\program files\debugging tools>kd -z C:\WINDOWS\ Minidump\Mini081505-01.dmp

It says that the symbol search path is invalid. I have my symbols in the c\windows folder. Is this the right path?

2. Another error is:
    Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, win32 error 2.
    Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
    Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe

3. I also get messages that the kernal symbols are wrong along with a meesage of "probably caused by USBPORT.sys (usbport +9f54)

Anyone have any ideas on this? I am running XP with an AMD 3500+, 1gig crucial RAM(tested with 14 passes and no errors on memtest86). I have 2 DVD drives, 2 SATA drives, X-fi sound card, floppy drive. Using a 480watt power supply.

2. kwspony

kwspony TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 121

Here is my most recent minidump.

3. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

Have you had these issues while attempting to use a USB port? It shows up in your log.txt

4. kwspony

Which log? I have a few of them.

I don't recall ever having an error while using a USB port. However, I did have a flash drive go bad and it may have gone bad while using it on this PC.

5. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

That may be your issue.

6. kwspony

Perhaps I will try to reinstall the USB drivers.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.