MiniDump files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yggdrassil

I've been trying to get my computer to run smoothly once again and i'm having problems with it now. Everytime i go to let my monitor turn off i come back after while and its turned back on but frozen on a black screen.

I've got the last two minidump files it recorded and if someone could help me out with these then thanks a lot. I would have zipped these two files but it wouldn't let me without some type of error.

Your first minidump (12/12/07-03) says this:

Probably caused by: ntkrpamp.exe
ntkrpamp.exe is a process associated with Microsoft® Windows® Operating System from Microsoft Corporation

From here: (reply #3)
howard_hopkinso said:
The one minidump I can open crashes at ntkrpamp.exe. This is the Windows nt kernel and system file. The mindump has a bugcheck of 9C.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

I hope this helps :)

The second dump (12/12/07-04) days this:
Probably caused by: USBPORT.SYS
I can't find info on this file but it is obviously to do with a USB controller, hub or port.

Should i open my processes and look for ntkrpamp.exe this and close it? It has to be something faulty because i have nothing on my computer to run since i rebooted my entire system and everything was deleted. Its a dell E510 Dimension Desktop and i'm really starting to dislike dell.

Thanks for reading the files.

No problem, mate :)

You shouldn't end that process because it is part of Windows.

Yggdrassil said:
i have nothing on my computer to run since i rebooted my entire system and everything was deleted

By rebooted, I take it you mean reformatted? Rebooting is just turning the PC off then on again ;) Reformatting is deleting all data and installing OS (Windows) again.

If this has only happened after you reformatted then you should try a Windows Repair Install. Let me know if you'd like to do this and I'll provide you with links to instructions :)

Please, that sounds great and sorry about that it was reformatted wasn't really thinking on that part. I'm out of ideas but the Windows Repair Install sounds good i'll give that a shot if you can link me up.

Well, i finally got the computer rebooted and everything yet it still continues to mess up on me. I just recently got a BSOD that was just a blue screen no words on it. I had two minidump files that i was going to attach but after i got that solid blue screen it erased them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back