TechSpot

MiniDump files

By Yggdrassil
Dec 12, 2007
  1. I've been trying to get my computer to run smoothly once again and i'm having problems with it now. Everytime i go to let my monitor turn off i come back after while and its turned back on but frozen on a black screen.

I've got the last two minidump files it recorded and if someone could help me out with these then thanks a lot. I would have zipped these two files but it wouldn't let me without some type of error.

2. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

Your first minidump (12/12/07-03) says this:

Probably caused by: ntkrpamp.exe
    ntkrpamp.exe is a process associated with Microsoft® Windows® Operating System from Microsoft Corporation

From here: (reply #3)
    I hope this helps :)

The second dump (12/12/07-04) days this:
    Probably caused by: USBPORT.SYS
    I can't find info on this file but it is obviously to do with a USB controller, hub or port.

3. Yggdrassil

Yggdrassil TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 39

Should i open my processes and look for ntkrpamp.exe this and close it? It has to be something faulty because i have nothing on my computer to run since i rebooted my entire system and everything was deleted. Its a dell E510 Dimension Desktop and i'm really starting to dislike dell.

Thanks for reading the files.

4. Daveskater

No problem, mate :)

You shouldn't end that process because it is part of Windows.

By rebooted, I take it you mean reformatted? Rebooting is just turning the PC off then on again ;) Reformatting is deleting all data and installing OS (Windows) again.

If this has only happened after you reformatted then you should try a Windows Repair Install. Let me know if you'd like to do this and I'll provide you with links to instructions :)

5. Yggdrassil

Please, that sounds great and sorry about that it was reformatted wasn't really thinking on that part. I'm out of ideas but the Windows Repair Install sounds good i'll give that a shot if you can link me up.

6. Yggdrassil

Do you have the links for it?

7. Daveskater

8. Yggdrassil

Thanks a ton D!

Going to work on this now and see if i can't get it working right once more.

9. Daveskater

No problem, mate :)

Let us know how it goes :grinthumb

10. Yggdrassil

Well, i finally got the computer rebooted and everything yet it still continues to mess up on me. I just recently got a BSOD that was just a blue screen no words on it. I had two minidump files that i was going to attach but after i got that solid blue screen it erased them.

11. Daveskater

Ok, have you installed graphics drivers from the manufacturer's website for your graphics card?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.