Minidump help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lioncourt

I'm having all sorts of issues with bsod and random restarting. Last time this happened I didn't get a good response but the manufacturer said the hard drive went bad and dvd player as well as a connection issue between the motherboard and graphics card. I've tried to analyze the minidumps but it's all gibberish to me. Can anyone please tell me what they say? I have more previous dumps if needed. Thanks. It's a Sager built laptop running winxp

I have tried so many times to figure out mini-dumps and their corresponding #'s So far the codes have never had anything to do with fixing the problem. Most of the time, the numbers don't have definitions at all. I think that you will have to trouble shoot the problem and ignore those "codes". Think back to anything you may have done just prior to this happening. Have you tried booting into safe mode then to system restore? The last mini dump situation I had required a new hard disc. They are no fun and I wish you luck. It can be a bad ram module or...just about anything.

win32k.sys and Ntfs.sys are the majority of your reads. This can be to many things.

1. Your manufacture made several suggestions as to the culprits causing the issues. Have you followed up as to see if this was the case?

2. Have you run a diagnostic on your harddrive? I would certainly do this.

3. Have you run MemTest to see if your RAM is good or faulty? I would also do this.

4. It would also behoove you to run Check Disk.

The manufacturer replaced the hardrive and dvd drive and we reloaded windows from scratch, they also re-soldered the graphics card. everything was working fine until recently about 3 months after the repairs. i'll try a memtest asap.

lioncourt said:
memtest says i have some bad ram so i'll try replacing it and see what happens. thanks.

That is good to know. Let us know how it works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back