TechSpot

Minidump logs please review

By bel41
Aug 5, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi everybody, i`ve an Acer X1301 DESKTOP , WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM, PROCESSOR :AMD ATHLON.
    It was given to me and was bought less than one year. The problem is this blue screen with different code.
    Here is what i did:
    Memory test using Memotest ( no problem found at all).
    HDD test using the manufacturer tool (no problem found at all).
    Cpu tets ( no problem at all).
    Driver sweeper and resintalled all the new updated drivers from the Acer manufacturer.
    Kaspersky and malwarebytes scan ( nothing found).
    I reinstalled windows 7 from the beginning using the partition recovery. did all the updated again and all the drivers but always the blue screen , sometimes i can work for 1 day without problem then again the blue screen comes.
    the computer has no program instaled on it besides the windows 7 it is all brand new. Please find the minidumpZipfiles attached to this message and let me know what i can do. Thank you.

Attached Files:

• ah.zip
      File size:
      98.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

First, very nice diagnostics work on your part.

Second, how many PASSES did you run memtest? You have five different error codes which can be a strong sign of corrupted memory. And though nothing definitive was cited one dump did cite hardware as the probable cause (but which hardware it didn't say).

3. bel41

bel41 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 28

Thank you Route, i think i didnt do the memory test good enough, i took off one RAM this morning and started the computer just with one RAM. it looks it is working good till this time, i`ll let you know if it crushes as soon as it does. I hope it is the problem so i can just buy a new RAM.

4. Route44

Yes, definitely keep us updated. For future reference Memtest should be run for no less than 7 Passes and if you can go beyond 7 so much the better. There are times when errors don't show up until later Passes. This is because Memtest throws a great variety of combinations at the RAM. Many people think it just repeats itself but that is not the case.

5. bel41

Hi Route , Hi everybody, just an update:
    After i took off the memory RAM, i had no problem anymore for the fourth day now, so definitely it was the problem of my computer.now am working just with a 1 GB ram since the faulty one was a 2GB.
    i`ve a quick question, i want to buy a 2GB ram now, do i have to choose the same reference as the old faulty one? is FRY'S a good store for this kind of parts? caus it is the closest store to me.
    here is the old one caracteristics: DDR2-800 2GB 128MX8 1.8V EP.
    Thank you .

6. Route44

Excellent questions. First you want to make sure the memory is DDR2-800 and definitely that it's voltage is 1.8.

Fry's is a fine store. Take a stick with you to show them what you need. Also, I have used Kingston RAM in older systems needing memory replacement and it has always been a good experience.

You might want to check out the prices at Fry's and then compare it to NewEgg's offerings.

7. bel41

Thank you Route, i`ll do that, my problem is solved now and i appreciate your help and your contribution to this interesting website forum.Thanks again.

8. Route44

Glad to help and please keep us updated to let us know how it works out.