Minidump not created

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScaRL

hello guys,

my computer has been crashing and giving bsod error couples of times now,
but it doesn't create minidump. and there's no minidump folder either in C: .

i tried reformating 5 times, and yet still no minidump. any suggestion?

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click System.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
In the Write debugging information list, make sure the Overwrite any existing file box is unticked. Click Small memory dump (64k). Click ok/apply/ok and reboot your system.

Now when Windows crashes it should write a small 64K minidump to the C:\windows\minidumps folder.

Regards Howard :)

Ok, change the size of the Write debugging information to Kernel memory dump. Untick the overwrite any existing file box. Now change the size of the dump back to 64(k). make sure the filepath to the minidump folder is %SystemRoot%\Minidump If it isn`t already set to this, clear the location and copy and paste the above into the box. Click ok/apply/ok.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Make sure the following service is set to aurtomatic. Error reporting service. Double click on the service and set the startup type to automatic, then click the start button. once the service is started, click apply/ok. Reboot your computer.

Regards Howard :)

Ok done that. services.msc already set that way.

just now my pc crash, and no minidump created.
here's a screenshot of the error. sorry I couldn't find those .txt back,
pc hang right after I save that screenshot.

here's the situation, a week ago, my pc start hanging when I accessed some of its partition.
hdd making weird cracking sounds. and typing on windows giving some delaying actions.
so I reformat twice. same things happens and error like aboved would pop out.

I then deleted my partitions, reformat and using unattended version of xp.
that version of xp however give me BSOD error regarding page_fault on nv4_dsp.dll . guessing that was graphic
card driver error. yesterday, I revert back to original winxpsp 2. and now I'm having those problems again.

help me to figure out wether this is a virus, or hdd problem. thanks

Attachments

• untitled copy.gif
    untitled copy.gif
    34.6 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back