Minidump when running game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently ran Ubuntu alone for awhile now, but due to restrictions of gaming, I decided to install an old version of windows.. 2000 professional to be exact. So! Installed it yesterday, installed one of my games (Silkroad Online) and without warning, it crashes each and every time soon after starting. Hopefully someone can shed some more light on why, or more importantly, how to stop this!

Attachments

• debuglog.txt
    16.5 KB · Views: 5
Windows 2000 is not very well suited for playing games. Can you try XP? How old is this computer and what are its specs?

well, from what i gathered 2000 was maybe the best alternative to XP, in the way of gaming. Unfortunately 98 out of the picture for even relatively old games. And windows me?... well, enough said.

XP is fine, but i don't have my own legal copy anymore, i had an OEM but that is gone. Besides even if i did have one, 2000 runs less **** in the background, generally better performance from 2000. (even if i mess with msconfig) to maximize performance.

Acer apire 1640..(laptop)
776 DDR2 ram
128 shared video mem

What struck to me is that i did have to download specfic drivers for my graphics card.. infact, even xp requires additional drivers from intel. only my OEM XP came with those specific drivers.. Now that i think back.. i did have some similar things happening around that time i installed updated drivers. I didn't pay attention (i wasnt gaming much).. i concluded the latest drivers were causing this problem.

SO! about half an ago, i downloaded previous versions of the drivers.. So far no crashing, but i could have just been lucky so far.. so, i will be gaming alot tonight, i will post and let you know if i have solved it or not.

Looks like the problem is solved.. must have been the latest drivers, unfortunately some games complain alittle visually with these old ones, but it is better than it not running at all, thanks anyway for your concern!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back