Minidump1-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

rki

Hello all.
I've read most thread pertaining to Minidump on the site. And, most of them are very helpful. Though I don't know whats wrong with my system but it frequently reboots itself on several occasions, like;

- On a fresh Install of OS(not connected to the net)
- Mostly when trying to surf on the internet(like when trying to open a new browser/tab)
- On a 3days interval or so
- On a regular basis now

Moreover, I've also read this https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html and runing Everest, Memtest86+ without any errors

Attached files are:
Minidump1.zip
Minidump2.zip
Minidump3.zip
Minidump4.zip

Thanks.

I viewed my thread and could'nt see the attached files so, I decided to re-attach them again.

Attachments

• Minidump1.zip
    84.3 KB · Views: 6
I had a look at the first batch of dump files:

1 crash by "amon.sys", part of NOD32 with a bugcheck of 50.

2 crashes by "hardware" with a bugchecks of 7f and 8e.

1 crash with a "ntfs_file_system" error.

First uninstall NOD32, and try something else like Avast or AVG. If that doesn't work, then run a chkdsk and SMART check on your HD. It could be your HD is failing.

Use Avast for now, which is free, unlike Kaspersky (who is good as well), to see if the problem actually is caused my your AV software. It could also be your HD going bad, so make sure you run a "chkdsk/r" from command prompt, without quotes and check the SMART status of your drives.

altheman said:
I had a look at the first batch of dump files:

1 crash by "amon.sys", part of NOD32 with a bugcheck of 50.

2 crashes by "hardware" with a bugchecks of 7f and 8e.

1 crash with a "ntfs_file_system" error.

First uninstall NOD32, and try something else like Avast or AVG. If that doesn't work, then run a chkdsk and SMART check on your HD. It could be your HD is failing.

1- I've uninstalled NOD32 and did a 2day test without any AV software installed and luckly the system didn't reboot itself. Although, that dosen't conclude that the threat is gone.

2- After day 2, I installed Avast and tried to make a FULL "Scan on my computer" and whilst doing this - Again it crashes/BSOD

3- Day 3 - I Uninstalled Avast and Installed Kaspersky - and again when ever I try to do a FULL system scan - during this period i get a BSOD

4- Still on Day 3 - I then tried SMART both Advance/Personal Edition. Although, the only thing I could se there is that it shows me that my HDD is overheating at "51-52" degrees centigrade. which normal is suppose to be at 40' , right ?

5- I ran "chkdsk/r" on a reboot and it took like 40mins or so to finish it scans and it didn't find any "Bad Sector" or so in there.

So, now - I can conclude that the crashes occur whenever I'm trying to do a Complete scan on my Computer. So, does this say my HDD is failing? If yes.... where exactly and where do I make up the conclution that "Yes" Its the HDD failing and not any other thing?

I wanna be really SURE that it's the HDD so if it is - I can get a new one. But, why get a new HDD when you're not sure you hav a HDD problem, and if unfortunately I get a new HDD and the same thing repeats itself?

Thanks alot for the advise. I await your reply.

Hi rki,
Drive temp can be an issue, but I'm not absolutely sure this is the source of your problem.

Have you tried performing a full scan in Safe Mode? Perhaps there is still a virus somewhere but an AV scanner in normal mode may be tripping over it.

Lastly, as you have varied forms of crash dump failures, the HD is a good target of such but I'd also first rule out memory. Download memtest86 and create a boot floppy or cdrom according to it's instructions and let this run at least overnight (6-8 passes). If memtest86 can get through >6 passes without a single error, I'd feel fairly confident in your memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back