Minidumps : Random crashes while playing games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsaleem

Hi,

Today I come to you a desperate, disheartened and extremely annoyed man. Over the last couple of months or so, my computer seems to lock up and crash randomly while I'm playing any game - for instance counter strike runs for about 10-20 mins and then all of a sudden the monitor goes blank, the sounds stutters a bit and the computer reboots...on the occasional lucky day it may not happen upto an hour or so but eventually does happen - upon rebooting and starting up again, windows says that my computer recovered from a serious error and the following error report is generated:

BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 00000008 BCP2 : 80042000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\farhan\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER90b1.dir00\Mini012506-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\farhan\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER90b1.dir00\sysdata.xml

Upon doing the necessary research on the internet I realized that there could be several things behind it. I changed to an Antec TruePower 2.0 550W PSU but that didnt' help...I downloaded and ran memtest for seven hours with 24 passes and ZERO errors, so not a problem of RAM either I guess...I checked the temperatures, where in full load the CPU temp is around 55C and the GPU temp is around 69C while the system temp remains stable at 40C...I don't have any manual overclocking, all my settings are at default. I tried flashing the bios with the latest version, updating mobo drivers, updating sound card drivers and video card drivers but to no avail whatsoever. So now I am coming to this forum with the attached minidumps...it would be great if the computer genuises here can provide me with some sort of relief from my misery. Listed below are my system specs...any suggestions/advice/opinions are highly appreciated!

> Antec SLK1650B Black Quiet Mini Tower Case
> Antec TruePower 2.0 550W PSU
> Corsair 1GB DDR2 XMS2-5400 TwinX (2x512MB)
> MSI 915P Neo2 Platinum (LGA775) Motherboard
> Intel Pentium 4 540 "LGA775 Prescott" 3.2GHz (800FSB) with HT Technology
> Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 NCQ 160GB 6B160MO SATA 8MB Cache - OEM
> BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)
> Benq FP937s+ 19" LCD Monitor - Silver

Hi,

All the crashes are caused hl2 (Half Life). Does your windows get bsod when you play other games? Do you get the blue screen after you upgrade nVidia Display Card Driver?

Mini012506-01.dmp BugCheck 1000007F, {8, 80042000, 0, 0}
Owning Process 8664ba78 Image: hl2.exe
Probably caused by : nv4_mini.sys ( nv4_mini+37550 )

Mini012506-02.dmp BugCheck 1000007F, {8, 80042000, 0, 0}
Owning Process 86063938 Image: hl2.exe
Probably caused by : nv4_mini.sys ( nv4_mini+32741 )

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do get BSOD's when I play other games as well...it has happened many times while playing Fifa2005 as well as Cricket2004. The minidumps I posted here were the ones from the crashes while playing counter strike as thats the only game I've been playing over the last week or so.

I still get these crashes when I have the latest drivers...I have tried all combination of drivers...latest, older ones, stock ones which used to be fine at one time...but the problem does not go away. Twice I have reinstalled Windows and put in all the latest drivers but still it crashed...

It'd be great if any more insight can be provided. Thanks a lot!

Hey it would be great if I could received some more insight into this problem...plz help me out here, I'm dying! I have added another minidump here which was the result of a crash while I was playing Fifa 2005 yesterday. Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

Your version of nVidia Display Card Driver is 71.84 which is unstable. Install nVidia Display card driver 78.05

Hi cpc,

I installed 78.03 after removing the previous one and using Driver Cleaner Pro but the crash still occurred about half an hour into playing a game...

Is there a chance that my graphics card could be faultY? Sometimes it runs the game for upto two hours without disruptions, sometimes it could just reboot in a matter of minutes...what does the minidump say? Is there any other device driver which might be at fault here apart from nVidia's?

I also ran the Video Card Stability Test and the computer rebooted during that too.

Hey CPC2004, can you help me out with my minidumps?

i keep getting the blue screen with a pagefault error

i attached them. there's 3 in the zip file

thanks. :)

fsaleem said:
Hi cpc,

I installed 78.03 after removing the previous one and using Driver Cleaner Pro but the crash still occurred about half an hour into playing a game...

Is there a chance that my graphics card could be faultY? Sometimes it runs the game for upto two hours without disruptions, sometimes it could just reboot in a matter of minutes...what does the minidump say? Is there any other device driver which might be at fault here apart from nVidia's?

I also ran the Video Card Stability Test and the computer rebooted during that too.
Hi,

Probably it is faulty video card. Attach the latest minudmps for further investigation.

this is the minidump from the crash after installing 78.03 driver while playing counter strike...windows doesnt seem to have written the minidump of the crash from the video card stability test...

Hi,

It still crashes at nVidia Display card driver. Do you overclock the video card? Maybe it is overheat problem of the video card or the video card is bad.

BugCheck 1000007F, {8, 80042000, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : nv4_mini.sys ( nv4_mini+67b83 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back