Mirar Toolbar... meh, just read

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure how I got this on my PC, but for some reason my browser has a toolbar installed that is called Mirar. I dont click on pop-ups except the x button that i at the top corner of the window, and i rarely DL anything from the internet. Only programs that i look into and research and actually want.

Anyway. Normaly i would ignore it, but its is very very anoying. If i am typing in a search field or in the adress bar and my mouse gets bumped and travles over the mirar TB, it pulls my cursor out of the field and when i hit keys before i realize it, i am choosing things on the toolbar. As far as i can see it the TB has no value. It is nothing but rediculous and obscure advertisements that get in the way whenever my mouse so much as comes close to it. In fact, it actually opens up a window of sorts (just by mousing over it for even the smallest split second) and makes it the active window instead of my browser. I actually have to alt+tab back to my browser or click on its bar at the bottom of my screen.

Now, you may say "just turn right click on the TBs(toolbars) and de-select it." If it were that simple i would have done that already. So i tried to un-install it from the "add remeover software" part of the control panel. When i did that i went through this whole ordeal. It said, "we are sorry to see you go, but we need *such and such* information to procede. While your at it, say yes or no to each and every one of these offers. Then give you name, adress, email adress, where you work, your phone number and we be able to procede." So, very very reluctantly, i did so (giving fake info) and it then said, "we need just a little more info to process your request" So i had to say yes or no to a bunch more offers from their sponcers. Then finally, it said something to the effect of "ok, now just click here and you can BEGIN INSTALLING THE UN-INSTALLER...." what the $@#!^&%!!!!!!!!!

So then i tried doing a search on my PC for all things named Mirar, found 2 items and deleated them. And the TB is still freakin here! How do i get rid of programs that i dont want on my PC when i dont have the specific uninstallers???? I need help, this has become my Bane.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Blue Pulsar only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back