Misc. news from around the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
There wasn't much to report yesterday so I thought I would give you a quick lowdown with recent stories from around the web:

The Price Of Compatibility - The next Xbox will play current Xbox games. But Microsoft might have to jump through some fiery hoops just to make sure.

Far Cry developer raided - German police search Crytek offices on a pirated-software tip; Ubisoft says game is still on track for its March release.

Web surfers battling "spyware" face a new problem: So-called spyware-killing programs that install the same kind of unwanted advertising software they promise to erase.

Sun Microsystems has introduced a version of StarOffice 7 for the x86 variant of its Solaris operating system, a preface to offering a complete desktop software system built around the Unix-based OS.

Ten Technologies That Refuse to Die - From typewriters to vacuum tubes, these 10 technologies aren’t as obsolete as you might think.

Vendor Graphics Card Roundup - With over 20 different cards, this roundup packs in everything we need to make a decision on which vendor's card to buy. We will look at noise, heat, overclocking performance, and much more.

I had heard about MS makign sure the XboX 2 would play games from the original console.

Taken from -> Wired.com

Microsoft will use the Virtual PC technology it acquired from Connectix last year to provide backward-compatibility with the current generation of Xbox games.

Coonectix had allready done a PSone emulator for the macs so I guess they're familiar with IMB CPUs ( as the one in the next XboX ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back