Misc. news from around the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
In case you missed it earlier, GeForceFX 5900 (p)reviews are out there already, scroll down a bit for links or if you're too lazy you can also click here.

Microsoft has revealed some details on MSN Messenger 6.0, starting from improvements to the user interface, MS is also preparing extended features such as built-in online games and true video conferencing, our friends at Neowin have posted more info here, too.

Have you ever wondered what the life of a spammer is like? How do they avoid junk mail filters and manage not to get detected? Did you even imagine that these people constantly get death threats from angry people getting such unsolicited information? Oregon Live has posted an article "Confessions of a Former Spammer" detailing many of the things you may never knew, a retired spammer tells the story.

A man who sold high-end computers, laptops and other equipment on eBay Inc.'s online auction site pleaded no contest to allegations of fraud totaling $453,000.

Now one for gamers, Gamespy takes a close look to Halo for the PC that is only a few months away now (say, August)... CNN also does the game thing with an editorial on Doom 3.
Last but not least, Rockstar Games announced Max Payne 2 today, developed by Remedy Entertainment, Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne for the PC is expected to hit retail shelves Fall 2003, no further information is available for now.

Isn't the article on Doom3 from USA Today?? Anyway, the article seems to have a good review in general, but I notice the staff at every oportunity is saying "We hope to live to expectations." which almost reads as "don't get your hopes TOO high."

Either way, I think I can safely say I'm drooling. Been a while since we've seen a real innovator in that genre, maybe ID's game engine will have a few that haven't been seen yet.

And Max Payne 2... Dang.. this is indeed a good day!

Very good read about that spammer confessing...

A long article but very well worth a read IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back