Missing Account, this is a weird one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I'm new here and hope y'all can help me. I'll try to keep this short and to the point. I have my computer password protected to keep the kids out. They download everything in sight without checking what it is. Had to put a stop to it. Anywho... I came home the other night, put in my password and get the "can't log you on" message. I try again, same thing, start trying variations on my password just in case I was losing my mind. After a few fruitless hours I do some research on my wifes computer. (Two computers is the secret to a happy marriage by the way.) I go back to my comp, figure out how to log in as administrator and go to computer management and then users. There is admin and guest listed, my user name is nowhere to be found. Where the heck did my account go? It's like it just disappeared off the computer. In windows explorer I see my name listed but can't figure out how to get at it. I could start over if I had to but I'd rather not lose all my settings and customisations. Can anyone figure out what happened?

I guess my OS info would
Item Value
OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer MSI
System Model MS-6380
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1333 Mhz
BIOS Version Version 1.00
Windows Directory C:\WINNT
Locale United States