Missing adi codec - sound devices sd1891-a -win2k

By justpm
Dec 18, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. After considerable time and effort, I managed at last to find the correct Sound Max driver for this machine. The history is: Bought a used machine Compaq EVO d310, for personal and not technical reasons I must use Win2k O/S, HP does not provide drivers for Win2k Only for XP. When I finally got the right driver, at the next boot I received an alert "No adi codec driver found". In the device manager, all audio functions display as working properly. Now what???
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,732   +156

For personal reasons? Almost all Windows computers can run XP now. This is a laptop? You can use a USB sound device on it. Here is an example:
    USB Audio Device
  3. justpm

justpm Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

personal?

3 personal reasons:

It would cost me more money than I can afford to upgrade all of my software to run on XP

I don't have the patience to train my sister to navigate in a new O/S

I was able to load a Ghost image on this new (used) machine, saving 10 years worth of settings and adjustments, and loading everything in a fraction of the time it would take me to do otherwise

Can anyone help me with this issue?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.