Missing AUTOCHK ... skip ... reboot loop

By Gerard Reimert
Sep 1, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

After deleting JMAKVEE thread by hand I started a full scan with the virus scanner. This took a while so I went to bed.

This morning the pc was continuosly, after telling me AUTOCHK count be found and skipping the test, rebooting.

- The safe modus <F8> couldn't help me out the reboot.
    - The factory helpdsik of my PC told the required directory wasn't available.
    - The install disk makes it possible to get a promt.

Scanning previous threads on this subject learned me to carry out a CHKDSK /P and /R.

Probely I had to do something with PTEDIT, which a can't find.
    As well as I need an administrator password. My normal password isn't accepted and the "<tab> enter" doesn't work either.

Further more the deletion of the Hotfix. I don't know how it has to be done since I have only a prompt available.

Can any body help me out without having te reinstall Windows and loosing my documents and settings?
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

How old is the drive, and the Windows install. Seems as if you have a bad hard drive.
  3. Gerard Reimert

Gerard Reimert Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

The system is of 2003. I run the factories disc testprogramm which indicated there are no problems.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.