Missing Post?

LookinAround

I've been working in thread Video controller (VGA support) not found.

I received email notice the OP responded. Immediately on receipt, I clicked the email link to the thread so I could answer but their post wasn't there. Plus "Most Recent Topics" page shows OP's username appears as last poster for the thread (though it's not)

I read through user's post (as displayed in my email notice) I don't think I see any content that would cause it to be deleted?

I'd like to reply the user's last (and missing) post. Is this a forum error or is some other reason the post isn't there?????

I'm not sure what happened. It was flagged to our moderator queue because it contained a link (probably within a quote of a previous post). New member's posts get flagged if they contain links. Anyway, I approved it but instead of appearing to the public somehow it disappeared completely. I thought it was temporary but now that I've come back I see it's still gone.

Apologies to the OP and everyone else but I don't know where it went. None of the options available to me as a moderator allow me to delete posts without any trace yet that is what apparently has happened. It must have been some glitch or something.

Thank you for checking and posting back. I'll take the liberty of posting the OP's response to the original thread (by copying their response from my email)

No kidding. Maybe an admin (who has more options than I) found it and restored it. I don't know. It wasn't me. I deleted your now emptied post in that thread so I guess all is well now with the possible exception of the glitch that caused this in the first place.

Maybe it self-corrects if someone posts subsequently in the thread in question. If this happens again, I'll see if that fixes it.

Back