TechSpot

Missing usb1.1 drivers

By Grizwold
Sep 18, 2004
  1. Anyone know where I can get drivers for a NET-A-USB114 usb hub?

Grizzy

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

Linux drivers? DOS drivers? Drivers for QNX? Windows 98 perhaps?

3. Grizwold

Grizwold TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 27

I don't think it makes any difference as long as they will run this usb hub. For one thing there is no-one that I personally know that runs any cutting edge programs. Linux is practically unheard of down east here. The hub should have come with a driver disk but it didn't. It's only worth about 8 bucks but it's become personal between myself & it! Know what I mean. I hate to be outsmarted by an inanimate piece of plastic! The Griz

4. Hodsocks

Hodsocks TS Guru Posts: 534

Hmmmm....... none of the USB hubs I have installed have needed a driver, just plug them into the usb on the pc and away they go.

5. Grizwold

You're probably right Hodsocks. I was just grasping at straws. The darn thing is probably faulty. I've tried everything! About the only other thing I can think of is that there may be a problem with the usb controller. What do you think everyone?

6. Grizwold

Also, this stupid thing has no power supply of it's own. It draws power from the cpu. I have seen some advertised that came with their own power supplies.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.