Mixing Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

anybodykilla

Ok, I Have A NVIDA GeForce 6600 GT. With An A8N-VM Asus MotherBoard ~ I THink Thats What The Motherboard is Hahaa~
Now Could I Go On NVIDA's Website And Say I Wanted To Instal An NVIDA NForce ###
Would I be Able to have an Geforce 6600 GT Graphics Card In And Install A Different Graphics Driver?

Well, I Can Find Drivers For My Graphics Card But I Don't Like Them. I Was Wondering If I Could Download A Different Type Of NVIDA Driver ~Not A Geforce~ But Still Have A Geforce Graphics Card In My Computer.

You can certainly try! Installing drivers for a diffrent graphics card may cause your pc to lock up, crash or just make your display look a bit funny:) . Then again, They may work..

its a case of trial and error im afraid!

You could also try using third party drivers like "Omega drivers"

Hope this helps :)

nForce drivers are for nForce chipsets; they cannot be used for video cards at all.

I think modded Forceware drivers are what you are looking for. They are tweaked versions of the official NVIDIA drivers, that can boost performance in many cases. Get them from the links below.
Omega NVIDIA Drivers
NGO NVIDIA Drivers

Note: Try them at your own risk. These drivers may cause unexpected behavior, crashes, or other serious problems in some cases.

Yes you should, google for driver cleaner and uninstall your current driver with it. Then install the omega.

Capitalized Words For The Win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back