Mobile Lab cloning issues...(potential).

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemri

HI, I just got 500 new laptops I need to set up as wireless labs. We have never done wireless before. I am thinking of using a VMWare server or Ghost to make the images, but I have a general question.

What issues can I expect to run into? I amt trying to prep myself before the project, but I can't seem to find any information on setting up cloned images wirelessly. I feel very comfortable with wired networks.

I am guessing I need to worry about multicasting, but I am not sure about what specifics I need to know. As of now, I know I need multicasting. On a wired network I know I need IGMP, but I feel lost on wireless devices.

I know I need to keep my power save mode on my laptop nics turned off, other then that...I feel like I am starting this in the dark.

Anyone have any resources, ideas, or potential problems I need to research out?

I don't think there are many cloning programs that support wireless. UDPcast has some limited support I think.. You most likely have to clone over the wire.

Any other issues from cloning are the same as for wired setups.

All internet protocols are totally network-independent. You can run them over any type of network exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back