TechSpot

Mobile payments startup Square reportedly in talks with several rivals for a possible sale

1. Mobile payments startup Square has been in talks with various big companies for a possible sale, according to the Wall Street Journal. The San Francisco-based company has been facing losses and is also running low on cash.

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,054   +918

It stinks how they are losing so much money. It is a great idea. I hope a good company like Google or Apple picks them up if anything. Please not Facebook though xD.

Skidmarksdeluxe and wastedkill like this.
  3. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,060   +76

@JC
    Give FB some credit, as it is beating the hell out of Google with its mobile strategy, hence, the continuous fall of ads 'per click' rate for Google in recent times.

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,238   +1,547

I'll put my vote on PayPal getting the acquisition.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,326   +802

I wouldn't go so far as to call Google & Apple good companies but they are wealthy and they didn't become wealthy by playing Mr Nice Guy. :)

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Ok. I'll bet on Google Wallet then.

7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,238   +1,547

Google hasn't needed my support thus far, so I see nothing stopping them. But goddamn, I wish that company would die.

8. Skidmarksdeluxe

That makes me wonder what happened to the days when Coca Cola was the wealthiest company around and they held that title for ages. Unfortunately I don't think you'll see Google disappearing anytime soon but remember absolutely nothing is forever.

9. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,060   +76

Exactly, point proved by recent drop in its share price.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.