Mobo BEEP CODES

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASUS P5ND2-SLI

i've looked all over for the beep codes and cannot find. computer has been working fine for nearly a year and now today, monitor screen went black and a beep began (one long beep every few seconds). tried to reboot, lights/fans run, but just one long beep every few seconds occurrs. ideas? thanks.

hi there... the beeping sound is an indication of something being wrong with the RAM. Try taking out the RAM and plugging it back in after dusting it off a bit. Your motherboard or PSU might also have taken a shock somehow (power surge?). If its not the ram, take your pc in and check the two components

Spyder_1386 :)

I second the shock thing, if a surge occured and screwed the PSU the mobo would beep to notify improper voltage, happened on an ol' ECS mobo of mine.

pulled the RAM out, dusted and put back in. now i get 4 short beeps, 1 long + 3 short, or 1 long + 2 short. it's really hard to deciepher the audible combination...

didn't have the RAM 'snapped' in completly. back to one long beep. will try PSU now...

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look at this thread HERE and see if it helps you to figure out the beep codes.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thanks, i've read through that posting before. seems like its running the 'award' BIOS and according to the list its memory error.

when the RAM wasn't properly seated in made a different beep sequence. now that its properly installed its back to the one long beep every few seconds.

replaced the PSU with a new one i had on hand, and still recieving the one long beep in an endless loop.... damn..

no post screen, nothing. took out a pair of RAM and now it seems to be working properly, albiet with less memory.

thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back