Mobo cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

twite

Hi, I need some help connecting my 1394? and usb? cables to my motherboard...but I am not sure which is which..the first attached picture is what 1 of the cables looks like..then another says vcc,usb2-,usb2+,gnd,sheild....another says vcc,usb-,usb1+,gnd..I know you are probably going to say look at your mobo manual, but I did that last time and freid it..so help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Conector_USB-MB.jpg
    Conector_USB-MB.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 5
Those USB1 and USB2 connectors are most likey not for firewire, but just USB. If your Motherboard had the jumpers for the firewire they would be listed in the manuel there. If they aren't then you don't have it.

i just followed the wires to the top of my case..and the usb 1 and 2 connecters go to a box which holds 2 usb ports and a firewire port..so which one of the wires do you think is usb? and which one is firewire?also the image is a cable coming from a 8 in 1 media reader..so would that be usb?

There should be a booklet that came with the case that would be able to anwser that question. Could be either one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back