Mobo help ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

blentz

it started out with my psu burning out so i got a new one.
when the new on was put in no video but the drives all were spining.
after reading online it seemed to be that my mobo was dead. it was a am-37
emachines board so i got a used one that was tested, but when all hooked up
the same thing happend, no video beeps but everything else seemed fine, so i thought i got a nother dead board. so this time i got a new board, not a am-37 but one that would take the amd 2600+ chip i had had from the beginning, and was going to install new software. but once again nothing no video or signel. what is wrong? please any ideas?

You`ve changed the PSU.You`ve changed the motherboard.Therefore, it must be the monitor cable/plug,the connections to the motherboard,or something else.

no video is often caused by damaged, dirty, or improperly installed RAM

remove, clean, and carefully re-seat your RAM

also, are you certain that your new board is compatible with your old RAM? give us some specs to go by (mobo brand and model, RAM brand and/or model and/or speed)

also, what brand of PSU did you buy and how many watts is it rated for?

the new mother board is a K7mkn-64. and the psu is a antec pp-303x 300W.
the ram is a 512mb ddr pc2100 cl2.5. got to goto work look at more later thanks for the help

I can't seem to find out any info at all about that mobo... who makes it?

did you table test it before installing it into the case? you should have, but if you didn't then I suggest that you do. this will eliminate a possible short cicuit (i.e. a screw or standoff grounding the mobo to the case where it shouldn't)

the board is made by 1st mainboard and is a socket 462. just today i tried a new ram stick from work. it did the same thing. and it is not in the tower. i think the only thing left would be the the cpu? but i still get no beeps, and the keyboard is dead too, so what are the odds of two bad motherboards in a row?

again, I still cannot find any info on that board, there are simliar model numbers on FIC website (if FIC is the manufacturer), but I can't find yours.

Do you have access to another socketA mobo to test the CPU in?

I was thinking you may need a BIOS update to run the 2600+, but their CPU compatibilty chart does not list your model number. you can view it here

otherwise, I would suggest you contact thier tech support here

hope this helps

kind of weird but this morrning i took the cpu and ram out and put it back in. i still get no screen but the light on mobo finialy came on the cpu fan started then stoped and it just kept one short beep and one long beep over and over. i had to unplug the psu to make it stop. tried taking all out and back in but the same thing again.

after looking at the beep code list, i have a phoenix bios and after, looking through the list not realy sure. my beeps are kind if more like one high pitch and one low pitch over and over.

after pushing down a little harder on the cpu the beeps stoped and all went back to no video no beep no light on mobo no keyboard(num lock cap lock just no lights on keyboard. i think later this week i will take this mobo and cpu and the old mobo to a pro and see what he has to say and let let you know what happens. thanks for the help and peace

checked out that the first mobo was bad the next was bas and the third was good, but cpu was not, got a new chip and up and rolling, thanks for the help.

blentz said:
the first mobo was bad the next was bad and the third was good,but cpu was not
" If it weren`t for bad luck I wouldn`t have no luck at all " - Albert King, "Born under a bad sign"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back