Mobo Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First my specs.

cpu - 3.1 ghz pentium 4
mobo - gigabyte 8IPE1000 Pro-G w/hyper threading
mem - 2gb (2x512mb patriot pc3200 and 2x512mb avant pc3200)
vid card - GeForce 7800GS 256mb (BFG OC'ed model)
hdd - SATA 250gb western digital

Alright, I belive im having trouble with my mobo, and here are the symptoms: Random crashing, windows errors, ive gotten a Cmos checksum error when re-booting- usb's randomly are not working, drivers had to be re-installed, it said one of my registry files was messed up but recovered.

Recently the power was cut to the pc while I was working one day, Fried? Since then ive been having some unpleasent issues.

To try to solve the problem myself I have wiped my hdd, bought a new hdd, and unplugged everything from my mobo and then replugged everything back in, still the same errors continue.

Ive got my error here.

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : C0002080 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 :
BCP4 : 80503A51 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I also have attached the .dmp file to this posting.

Any insight on this problem would be extremely helpful, or else I'm off to build a new pc!

Attachments

• Mini010104_02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 6
one thing we didnt try was swaping psu's, is it running fine since we messed with it?

"Any insight on this problem would be extremely helpful, or else I'm off to build a new pc!"...

Enjoy your new PC... :)

The minidump points to a memory corruption. This is not enough information to allow us to give you a fix for your problem

This is not enough information to allow us to give you a fix for your problem

What would give you more information so as you could be able to diognoss this better?

nonda, are you excellent?

did you smell anything burning when your system suffered through the power failure?

no, im his friend, IN THE RL, i was over his house trouble shooting the other night. Nothing was burning, he has like 8 fans its super loud. i cant imagine his pc was hot

It's possible that the power supply is getting tired... Try installing another power supply and see if the "random crashes" stop

never heard of it being called tired but it works, i suppose. Not sure if a PSU can be messed up due to a sudden power failure, i guess it could, its worth a try.

nonda said:
never heard of it being called tired but it works, i suppose. Not sure if a PSU can be messed up due to a sudden power failure, i guess it could, its worth a try.

There are many words I could have used like damaged, partially working, bad, etc... Sudden power failures can damage a lot of things. It's not really the loss of power that damages, it's the sudden return of power that damages

so yea, I recently had replaced the psu, like 3 months ago, and I tried to use my old one.... then smoke started coming out of the old psu as soon as I turned it on. Since I can't see if it's the psu, I'm going to try to take out 1gb of memory and see what happens. Thanks for your guys' input, I'll let you know what happens!

Ok, so now my psu is working fine, and I take out my 2x512mb of patriot ram, and the machine starts up fine, no problems, no crashes (now just using 2x512 of avant ram). I restart my comp, and now my computer only recognizes 1 of the 512 sticks and it says that I have 512 running in single channel, whereas it usually will say that I have 1024mb running in dual channel. So it appears as if my memory is having issues. So now I try to use the 2x512 of patriot ram and i can't get windows to boot. I am so confused!

Try reseat the ram and then Run memtest on your ram sticks. I suggest sticking to one brand.

Memtest instructions are in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back